Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy First Birthday, Pocket!

It's not always all business around this homestead. Sometimes it's somebody's birthday!
We are delighted every day by our little Pocket pup. I've fallen hard for the Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and quite honestly can't see myself with another breed any time soon. She's a versatile dog, willing to leap about on long hikes, swim and fetch for hours, or just snuggle between my husband and me on the couch. She's friendly with most dogs, but doesn't love playing with many. She loves all people, but stays close to us most of the time. I think she's just about perfect.

Lots of smiles for Mommy and for most people, really
Saturday was Pocket's first birthday, and we celebrated at a friend's crawfish boil. I think Pocket's a bit of a party animal....

Hitting Bourbon Street a little hard, Pocket?

She also has a tender side, with plenty of kisses for even the smallest of human party goers.


 Happy first, Pocket: may there by many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!