Monday, March 28, 2011

Fresh Salad with Toasted Chickpeas

I love salad season. I also love Bed Bath and Beyond who very happily exchanged my 3 year old salad spinner that had a frayed string with a brand new, shiny spinner to clean my organic garden greens! This was a delicious salad put together with minimal effort. I soaked the garbanzos (chickpeas) the night before and simply tossed them with oil and seasonings, laid them on a cookie sheet and stirred occasionally until done to my liking.



Toasted Garbanzos
  • Dried garbanzos, soaked overnight
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
  • Smoked Paprika
  • Curry powder
You can season with whatever you like. Bake on a cookie sheet at 400 for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. You can bake them longer to be more crunchy, but i kind of like them cake/chestnut like.


The Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!