- 8 eggs
- 1/3 pint raw milk
- Salt, ground flax, hemp, pepper, dried oregano
- Drop of truffle oil
- Bunch garlic chives, diced
- Chopped tomato - i think i used about 5 porters and one Japanese Triefel - about 3 regular tomatoes
- 2 serranos, sliced
- Bunch fresh basil, chopped
- Dollup of left over gazpacho
- Small onion, diced
- Cheese would be great - but i didn't have any
Spray the dish, or coat with butter or olive oil. Mix eggs and milk in a separate container- you don't have to scramble, but break up the yolks. Add dry seasonings and truffle oil to the milk/egg mixture, mix, then our into the cooking dish. Add the veggies and fresh basil - scattering them evenly. Cook until the middle is cooked through - stands up to squishing from above with no liquid escaping. There will be moisture from the veg, but no runny yolk and the 'casserole' will be puffed up some.
I waffled the temp around from 375 to 400 and cooked for about 30 or so minutes - time will depend on the size of your cooking dish.
What's your favorite thing to do with a whole lot of extra eggs? Cook them on the spot, or store them for the lean months?