Friday, April 9, 2010

Gardening Never Ceases to Amaze Me

Especially when it's passive gardening.


I am feeling so fulfilled. Many plants that i put in as tiny 4 inch pots in the fall of 2007 are now huge, healthy landscape elements surrounded by leaping and bounding wildflowers and bees, all rejoicing that it is spring.


The yard will soon be browning, and the veggie gardens have already begun the transition from cool weather crops to the boons of summer: corn, cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers.

I am filled with optimism, and every trip out to the garden brings me joy from its beauty.


Perhaps this will be a mild summer after all, or at least perhaps it will rain more than twice, and my veggies and perennials won't be forced to suffer another drought/heatwave combo like last year.


Spring is gardening at its best: i get my hands dirty, the bugs and critters start showing up from their hiding places and newly laid eggs. I look forward to things to come, and there's no disease to cope with yet (just some persnickity snails, squirrels, and starlings).

Planting season is almost as good as harvesting season: which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!