Saturday, April 10, 2010

Beet Greens and Fresh Eggs: Breakfast Recipe

We're headed to a "crawfish boil" later today, so i felt we'd better eat a very healthy brunch to help my body cope with the wierdness.

This is what i came up with:
  • saute pan's worth of chopped beet greens
  • 3 diced garlic cloves
  • drizzle olive oil
  • 1 ice cube pesto
  • 3 freshly laid eggs
  • salt, pepper, oregano, chilly powder
  • green onions

Pretty easy: i sauteed everything but the eggs until the greens were soft to my liking. I then made some little "nests" and dropped the eggs in, covered with a bit of cheese (optional), lidded and cooked until the whites were cooked through.


Served with homemade corn tortillas and a splash of habanero sauce.


Here's to a sunny Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!