Monday, November 9, 2009

Cleansing Diet - Day 1

Day one of this strange diet stipulates:
  • All the fruit i want
  • No veg
  • All the soup i want
I can also drink cranberry juice, unsweetened tea, need to drink a 1/2 gallon of water a day and abstain from any breads, alcohols, or fake sweeteners. That applies all week.

9 am
I am not a fruit person. I rarely eat fruit. I had to buy fruit especially for this. Grapes, cantaloupe, and the leftover spiced pineapple from this weekend make a lovely fruit salad for breakfast.
I am already craving toast.
10 am
On my way to walk to the gym and do upper body weights. Tummy says "what gives? we want some balast!" Shut up, tummy, here have some delicious fresh Kombucha.
11:45
So the tummy is definitely rumbly - but i must say, i felt quite energized while at the gym. All these complex sugars in the fruits are definitely making me feel good. But now i'm hungry. soup time. whooo! spicy! man.
1 pm
Loving the soup - but starting to feel the gassy repercussions of all that cabbage.
3:30 pm
Ack! Just realized i have no glass of wine in my future. Depressed. Here, eat some cabbage soup.
6 pm
sigh. Almost dinner time. Cantaloupe for dinner? Sigh. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this without wine. At least House is new tonight. Distract me from my breadless belly!

Tomorrow: Veggies veggies veggies! I can do veggies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!