Monday, November 14, 2011

Shorter Days

Is it just me, or is 4 pm feeling a little too much like "Chardonnay o'clock" this time of year? I hate that the sun is going down so early, but i'm happy to have light when i get up in the morning.

One of my favorite things in life is watching a good sunset. It brings me joy, and makes me feel more connected to the seasons, weather and my surroundings. I grew up on a mountainside with an amazing view and stellar sunsets. Living without daily sunsets is very hard for me, and a western view is very important to me and our home search. Living in Austin, i was without any sunsets: the only sunset view i could get from my little, tree surrounded house was the reflection in the neighboring condo's windows or while driving in the evening. Not cool.

Needless to say, i suck up all the sunset i can get when i go back home to visit my parents.



Photos never quite do a great sunset justice... but i think you can see why i love that view so much.

Is watching the sun rise or set important to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!