Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Salmon Salad Sammy!

What do you do when your radical husband catches a super huge fish that has enough meat to last for days? You use the meat for days! I already dished about our delicious salmon and mushroom feast and this is what I did with the leftover portion of fish (after the hubs had leftovers of a huge filet and the rest of the mushroom sauce for dinner when i was out of town.)




Looks good, doesn't it? I didn't bake the bread or make the cheese, but i did use some relish from our garden back in Austin and the bread was baked locally.

Salmon Salad:
  • Portion of baked or grilled salmon, mushed up
  • Spoonful mayo, preferably homemade
  • Spoonful relish, I used my green tomato relish
  • Smaller spoonful of mustard
  • Salt and pepper to taste plus optional other herbs if your salmon isn't already slammin' in the flavor department
  • Optional sliced cheese
Easy peezy: just mush the ingredients together and spread on slices of bread. You may wish to spread mayo and mustard on the bread as well. If you don't have a relish you love on hand, you can finely chop some onion and pickles instead. My relish is quite mustardy and not overly tangy. I would like to be eating this again right now. *Could be great as a salmon melt as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!