Friday, November 18, 2011

Fiber Fridays: My First Knit Hat!

I'm totally excited that i finally finished my very first knit hat. I have suitably called it "The Hat of Many Mistakes" and have learned a heck of a lot about knitting from start to finish of this little project. I cannot count the hours it took me to finish this hat and i did not follow a pattern as i am still unable to decipher the jibberish that are knitting patterns. I do know, however that i am super proud of my feat: i spun the yarn with colors chosen specifically for my husband, i spun the color pattern specifically chosen for the hat, and i struggled my way from band to point - and it even fits!



Yes, it looks like a Hershey's Kiss, but it's warm and i think he likes it. What more can you ask?? I think it will look a bit more even after I wash it, but it will always bear plenty of little quirks and 'mistakes' that will make it even more well loved as the years pass: as my very first knit hat.

Do you love the foibles of a "first?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!