Friday, October 28, 2011

Fiber Friday: Knitting in Progress

I am an absolute beginner knitter. At first i found it INCREDIBLY frustrating, but i persevered. I find casting on delightful, and the stockinette stitch makes me squeal with delight. I never thought i could possibly learn this two-needles-at-a-time skill, but i have and i'm loving it!

My very first hat project, without a pattern, destined for either the hubs or the step-daddy. That's my handspun, by the way :)

I can't really express how rewarding it is to spin yarn and then turn it into a cozy garment for someone I love, or myself. It's pretty darned rewarding, that's all i can say. I still mess up and drive myself crazy, but i feel it's only a matter of time before i'm busting out sweaters and mittens and socks and scarves and leg warmers and......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!