Friday, October 21, 2011

Fiber Friday: A Hat!

I had plans for this hat, and they didn't pan out. Instead of making ribbed stripes vertically, i ran out of yarn and employed an older technique of making little ribs all the way along the hat. I like it, and i love how the colors make the hat striped on their own (as i intended).



So much fun to spin and crochet this hat totally from scratch. Next skill I need to learn: dying! Only then will i have total control over the yarn and finished product....  though i may take it even further and only use natural color wool, from animals i raise myself and breed in part for color. Mwa ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!