I plan on pursuing a breeding program of Kinder Goats, a cross between Nubians and Pigmies. That plan may change, but we're definitely set on the dwarf sized breeds.
Here are some links and resources i've found so far, along with some cute goat pictures for the heck of it.
- Yellow Door Barn. Heidi's recent guest post was great, and she has tons more goaty info including new photos of her brand new kids!
- Kinder Goats. Lots of info on developing your Kinder flock.
- Living Fences. Not goat related specifically, but fascinating information on how to create living hedgerows.
- Baking Soda for Goats. The Prairie Homestead has some good tips.
- Render Lard. Baby goats mean unwanted billy kids which to me means butchering my own meat and rendering my own lard to use in cooking and soap making. This is a great tutorial from Spain in Iowa.
- Milking Schedules. A very recent post from the Prairie Homestead, this is sooo helpful.
|One of Heidi's adorable kids|
|Ah, what we have to look forward to....|
|And here is a little Kinder.|