Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sundried Tomatos: How To

So easy!  Last year i dried my tomatoes in a slow oven (200 for 4+ hours). This year i'm harnessing the Texas heat, and the hatchback of my car.

Simply pick tomatoes, wash tomatoes, dry tomatoes.


Cut tomatoes in half or in quarters (or smaller if using larger tomatoes - i'm using Porter Improved) and scrape out the wet and seeds.


Lay tomatoes out on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Option to sprinkle with salt, pepper, cayenne, basil - i just did salt and cayenne. Put out in the sun! Easy as that. I put mine out at about noon and took them out at about 4 the next day.


Crispy, but not singed, with a few a little soft still. Just how i like it! I store mine in a jar in the fridge - but if you get them completely dry you could keep in the cupboard, or you can store in oil.


Delicious! Toss on salads, sandwiches, pasta, or right in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!