Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Recipe: Miranda-Fried Rice

Normally i would make this with brown rice to make it have actual health content - but i figure heck: it's FRIED rice after all. And i still have this white rice in the house leftover from when our doggy, Tela was sick.

Pretty simple and with lots of room for variations - this is my basic fried rice. It's not overly oily, but there is some sesame oil in it to make it feel at least a little fried. Saute the veg, add the cooked rice, add the eggs and frozen peace - stir stir stir. Voila.
  • Rice, cooked. I like to muddle some kaffir lime leaves in with my rice and water
  • Onions
  • Garlic
  • Carrot
  • Hot peppers
  • Green onions for garnish
  • Sesame oil
  • Fresh eggs
  • Frozen peas
  • Soy sauce

This was a whole lotta rice: hard to stir about! But it turned out pretty durn tasty, and i think my friends enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!