In my Belly!
Anyhoo - I had a cup of sprouted grain flour i ground the other day, 3 bananas and some dates - the logical next step: Muffins! Sugar free and fat free muffins!
(ps, i made these guys on Thursday but am posting it Saturday - make some for this weekend's brunch - you'll love them fresh from the oven or as dessert later in the day, and they take sooo little time to prepare - you can have them baking while cooking up the eggs!)
I found this great recipe online. And changed it up just a bit to work with the ingredients i had on hand:
- 2 1/2 ripe bananas
- 5 or so dates, pitted
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon plus 4 dashes pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour (i used one cup freshly ground flour from sprouted red wheat plus 1/2 cup unbleached white whole wheat flour)
- 1/3 cup homemade applesauce
- Mash bananas, add chopped dates
- Add cinnamon and egg- slightly scrambled
- Add applesauce and mix in
- Mix dry ingredients together on top of wet, stir in until well combined
- Bake in muffin tins at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
They turned out perfectly! Moist. Flavorful. A little crunchy here and there due to my unevenly ground flour. Delicious with a little bloblet of homemade butter. These are mostly destined for the husband's stomach while at work on on his way.... but i think i'll be saving a few more for myself. So delicious, and completely unsinful. I'll be making these again.
I just love baking with no sugar or oil and having the results be as delicious and decadent as something more naughty.
What's your favorite "healthy" baked good recipe?