This year was extra special: i broke out the frozen tomato sauce i stored this summer and created a meal entirely (except a dash of cumin and salt) made from homegrown ingredients.
New Year Peas:
- About 2 cups dried black eyed peas
- a 32 oz tupperware full of cooked down tomatoes (cherokee purple, brandywine and early girl if you're wondering) that also included garlic and onions
- 2 diced jalapenos
- cilantro, about 2 tablespoons of frozen diced
- 2 ice cubes of turkey stock (so i didn't grow it, i made it though)
- and a few sprinkles of frozen corn to help with the protein chain, also not grown by me
- dashes cumin and pepper
- salt to taste
Served with some tillamook cheddar cheese to remind me of home. was delicious!