Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Baking Days

My next few posts will be recipes for Christmasy cookies and breads.
It is hard for me, a northerner, to get geared up for Christmas and feeling festive. There is no snow to sled in. There are no frost covered trees. The red cardinals look out of place on the green grass, and it just DOESN'T feel like Winter when it's 65 degrees outside.
But one thing has always meant Christmas to me and my family: baking cookies for friends and families in our festive aprons with Christmas Tides on the stereo (old carols played with antique instruments). This familiar music paired with the methodic and repetative nature of baking really puts me in the spirit.

Before long my husband and i were dancing around the kitchen like silly little village folk, waving the rolling pin around and kicking up our knees. Yes, our neighbors think we're crazy.

If you try any of these recipes, let me know how they turned out. We'll be saving some for ourselves and giving the rest as gifts. 

Here's to the smell of baking goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!