1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Mark any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here with the link to your blog with you answers, I would love to see what’s bolded on your list and post a comment at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results (so far there are over 1170 comments)
The Omnivore’s Hundred:
1. Venison – the best was an injured doe my step dad took on their property
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos Rancheros - i live in Austin. We eat huevos rancheros here bouts.
4. Steak tartare
6. Black pudding – don't think i want to know.
7. Cheese fondue - the best was at a party at a friend of my cousin's in Jersey City.
10. Baba ghanoush. yum! made it this summer, easy, light, delicious. but not pretty.
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart -sadly yes, even more sadly: at the outlet stores in San Marcos
17. Black truffle nom nom nom nom. esp in cheeeeeese
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes check out Springbank Farms. Yummy wine, and I did their corporate identity artwork!
19. Steamed pork buns i think so. and i think i'd hoped they were vegetarian.
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes – helLO brandywine!
22. Fresh wild berries –ah, the late summer days in the Willamette Valley, how i miss you so.
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans – complete protein!
25. Brawn or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper – not sure
27. Dulce de leche – yes, gross.
28. Oysters – blecth.
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas – love Wasabi
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl - tummy didn't appreciate this later. me and cream = not friends.
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut -
35. Root beer float - it is all about the crusty frozen icecream/soda bits on the edges
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat – i don't THINK so.....
42. Whole insects - no, but i saw a lot in Thailand
44. Goat’s milk - i like! can't wait to milk my own goaties!
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more – don't think so
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel – i love it!!!!!!! barbecued eel, can't get enough.
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut- I do not love disgusting grease film coating inside of mouth.
50. Sea urchin – doubt it
51. Prickly pear - maybe, but i'll say no
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal – sadly, yes. but i was in 5th grade.
57. Dirty gin martini – give me those olives!
58. Beer above 8% ABV - i'm from Oregon, remember?
59. Poutine –
60. Carob chips - yeah, but they're wierd. dark chocolate all the way.
61. S’mores – of course
62. Sweetbreads – if this means sweet bread, yes. if this is a wierd name for meat, no.
64. Currywurst -
66. Frogs’ legs - don't think so
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake - oh hell yes: Doughboy at the Tulelake Fair!
69. Fried plantain -
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe - absinthe yes, but i dunno what louche means.
74. Gjetost, or brunost - don't know what that is
75. Roadkill – if you count roadkilled corn or spuds that leap out of the trucks ;)
77. Hostess Fruit Pie – NO, but i've scarfed some Homerun pies - highschool. i was chubbier.
79. Lapsang souchong – one of my favorite teas!
81. Tom Yum yes yes yes
82. Eggs Benedict – gross gross gross
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef – nope, I prefer mine local
86. Hare - the husband and the step dad shot some buns- jack rabbits.
87. Goulash – i have my own version
88. Flowers – nasturtiums and turks cap
89. Horse – hope not, Misty would not approve
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam – i went to college with a lot of hawaiians
92. Soft shell crab - i'm not a fan of sea animals with shells, of any firmness level
93. Rose harissa -
94. Catfish oh hell yes!
95. Mole poblano –
96. Bagel and lox - lived in new york a while, took advantage
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee - hate coffee: induces nausea
well, that was interesting. now you do it! Thanks, Mrs. Chiot's!