Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to Beat the Post-Thanksgiving Gut

I'm sure if you've been reading this blog a while, you will notice that both my complaining about my weight has increased, as well as the size of my waistline. (Another reason not to include photos of ME here very often.) For a long time i avoided Thanksgiving all together simply because i cannot enjoy eating without then subjecting myself to massive guilt trips. It's lame, but it's who i am. I've tried to get over the guilting after the holiday, but i can at least be sure and exercise daily and maybe take it easy on the creative and filling meals for a while.


Enter, cabbage soup! Cabbage is filling, yet light and chock full of vitamins. Onions are my favorite cold-fighters and vitamin C troops, and hot peppers do wonders for the metabolism. I don't follow any particular recipe for my cabbage soup, just throw in cabbage and veggies, some water and/or stock, a splash of apple cider vinegar and plenty of herbs: boil, simmer, eat, get full. Then, maybe try not to eat half a dozen ginger snaps afterwards. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!