Friday, August 5, 2011

A Job, A Project, A Market

I'm up and Adam this Friday morning getting ready for another long Friday. Fridays are my Mondays and Saturdays are my Fridays - it's enough to give me calender vertigo! I love my job though, however temporary it may be, and in a way I look forward to these odd weekends. I work with a group of 17 and 18 year olds from around the Corvallis area as a part of the Community Services Consortium. I lead the 'kids' in their large garden, helping them plant, plan, harvest and compost veggies and flowers in preparation for Saturday farmer's market days. Our booth is lovely, sometimes sparse and a source of pride for myself and the kids. I'll be posting more about our booth and the project later on, but consider this an invitation to stop by our booth this Saturday afternoon.

The Corvallis farmer's market is open from 9 am to 1 pm and is full of bakers, organic farmers, beekeepers, and delicious prepared foods. We'll be having a big plant sale this weekend (if they got a sign together during my absence this week), so come on by if you're in the area and get some late season transplants to pop in the crannies of your garden, or just say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!