|Gosh, i need to work on my presentation. Would help if this apartment had any lights in it.|
Not My Mama's Goulash Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 jar tomato/marinara sauce
- Generous portion of green beans, ends removed and chopped in half
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 smallish asian eggplants, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cayenne pepper, dried and crushed or fresh and diced
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- Salt and Pepper
- Curry powder, generous pinch
Brown the turkey meat with the herbs then add the veggies and sauce, cover and simmer until veggies are cooked to your liking. Pretty simple! If you prefer al dente eggplant, add them after the beans are beginning to cook through. I like my goulash pretty 'mushy' so i threw everything in together to do their thing. You can serve goulash by itself or over noodles or rice.
You can find this post and many more awesome homesteading tips/ recipes and more at Simple Lives Thursdays, a blog hop!