Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Can It Forward!

This past Saturday was National Can It Forward Day! Did you host or attend a canning party? I had to work most of the day, but i did make some time to put up 2 little jars of organic cucumbers and green beans. I chose to make these little guys refrigerator pickles, simply due to laziness and and a crowded weekend schedule.


I used Ball's pickle mix with some apple cider vinegar and water. So easy! No boiling of pickling spices for ages, just measure and stir in the pickle mix and pour over cut up cucumbers. I left the bowl of stewing cukes on the counter for about 30 minutes then jammed the veggies in a couple of jars, covering them with the liquid. Seal and refrigerate and whammo: pickles! I'll leave these guys in the fridge until the end of the month before i taste them, so check back for my results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!