Friday, June 10, 2011

Out to Lunch...

Man. My husband and i very rarely go out to eat. I am a great cook, and we're both thrifty so it doesn't usually make sense to spend 3 times as much on a meal that i probably could have created just as tastily in the comfort of our own home.

However, we're "going away" next wednesday and there have been a LOT of out to eats with friends. And i've gained at least 10 pounds. Seriously. I feel it. I haven't stepped on the gym scale because that would depress me way too much, but i can tell my already 5 lb over ideal has been topped by at least another 5. And there are 3 more dinners left to go. Ugh. I've even had to skip a few of my step aerobics class, so i'm getting it from both sides: consumption and lack of excercise. I put in a great, sweaty Body Step class this morning though, and might have even burned off at least 3 bites of sausage mac and cheese.



So, my question is this: how in the world do so many Americans go out to eat for so many meals and not feel that there is something very wrong and imbalanced in their lives? How are there still not calorie estimates on most menus? And why are sides of veggies still slathered in olive oil or butter instead of just lightly steamed and fresh?

What's your experience going out to eat? Do you do it often, or is it a special occasion event only?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!