Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hemp Balm: Magic!

I bought some hemp butter from Texas Natural Supply the other week and just mixed some up into a healing salve. Let me tell you: it's amazing! That burn on my hand from Montauk was not healing well: nasty scab and lots of redness. I rubbed the salve on it and within hours healing was progressing more rapidly. Hot dog! What did i put in this magical balm you may ask? It's not a secret, so here it is:
  • Hemp butter
  • 2 drops rosemary oil
  • 2 drops lavender oil
  • 2 drops calendula oil
Bam. The rosemary and lavender have great antiseptic properties and we all know about how great calendula is for healing. I can't wait to make some infused oils and dried flowers from my new calendula plants in the front yard. Hemp is such a wonderful plant for so many reasons (perhaps i feel a wholesome wednesday post coming on) and the butter made from the ground seeds is so emollient and moisturizing that it alone is great on the dryest and unhappiest of skin. The essential oils and calendula just add some punch to the mix.

Have you made your own healing salve? What did you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!