Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Second Batch of Soap

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know that i don't always succeed and am happy (sad) to write about my failures as well as my successes. After the great success of my first batch of soap: happy friends, happy me-skin, happy customers - i got a little too confident and decided to add some goat milk powder to the recipe. I'm not sure if the milk messed up the recipe, if i didn't blend long enough, or if i started mixing at the wrong temperature or what. Whatever i did, it was not right, and the soap is not good. I'm very hopeful that in a day or so it will firm up and the ph will lower - but i'm not optimistic.

2 hours and $20 in supplies later, i sure hope it becomes usable.

My husband was nice enough to take pictures of "Beeker at work," so at least i have some documentation of the soap making attempt.

I'll give it another day to dry out, then i'll slice it and retest the PH. Right now the PH is at a high end of the safe zone, so i hope it gets a bit milder and firms up. We may have to wait the full 3 month curing time to get a good lather though - so hold your orders for this batch of soap until i'm sure it's ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!