This is my niece, Raina. Isn't she just the cutest thing?
She may be adorable, but she's got one picky palette, and i for one would like to see her eating more than just sliced ham. In honor of the approach of Summer and all the kid free-time and the heat that entails: I will be using this next week to post a series of Summer/Kid Friendly Recipes. Disclaimer: I do not myself have kiddos (though we might be getting a puppy soon!), and i live far enough from my dear sister that the screams of 'no way will i eat this, mom!' will be unheard by me. But i will do my very best to work around Raina's limited palette, with maybe some alternatives that suit the likes/dislikes of some other kiddos and parents i know. The main goal for me will be to write some recipes that focus on:
- Seasonal produce
- Responsibly raised meat products
- Easily/quickly put together
- Avoid using the stove or oven
- Won't break the budget, and may easily accompany short Summer vacation trips
- Black olives
- some spice - mexican or italian style
- tortillas (sort of)
- not many veggies, but she can pick them out.
- miracle whip (nasty sh*t)
- things mixed together (yes, i know it's ridiculous)
- and most other things are not under the Likes list. :)