Thursday, January 7, 2010

"Near Record Lows" Predicted for Tomorrow


Lovely.

Even my car is helping the garden cope.
The cold is one thing: but these massive wind
gusts keep trying to knock over my tarp city.
 


The chickens want to know what this black monster is that's keeping the wind out.


And the husky-dog seems to finally be in her element.


It's broken out of freezing here at about 1:30, but this looks to be a long, cold weekend for the plants. They've been soaked, covered in sheets, covered in a big tarp, surrounded by blankets, lit with christmas lights and a heat lamp when it's under 30 degrees, and held together by my faithful car, Steve. I'm doing all i can, let's hope some of the harvest comes out the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!