The recipe is not exact as i just threw together what i had in the garden, but this is an approximation of such.
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped with liquid set aside for corn meal misture
- several bell peppers, about a cup
- 2 jalapenos, one with seeds removed
- about 1 or 2 poblanos (mine are sillysmall)
- garlic, 3 cloves chopped
- cilantro to taste
- one onion chopped
- some cheese
- one egg
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2/3 cup corn meal
- teaspoon salt
- one smaaaal habanero finely diced
- 2 cups cold water
- drizzle honey
- forgot to add the 1 tablespoon olive oil, woops!
Meanwhile put the water and cornmeal mixture in a pot and heat over medium until thick, stirring like crazy. Took about 10 minutes total. You are supposed to add some butter, i was going to use olive oil but forgot - so we'll see. Added some honey instead of sugar. Mix mix mix until the mixture is thick. Not sure if i got it thick "enough" but it seemed good and pastey.
Line a greased pan with half the cornmeal, add the filling, add more cornmeal. About 5 minutes pre eating time add some cheese to the top if you want.
375 degrees, 45 minutes.
Served with Coleslaw.