Friday, December 4, 2009

Coleslaw

My mother has coined this "southwestern coleslaw" but i'm not sure why. (she is a yankee. she has very sensitive  mouthbuds to heat. i'm talking regular pepper, here)

I just whipped this together with ideas in my head of what i thought would make coleslaw that i would like, as i don't like coleslaw.
This is what i ended up with.

  • about a half a head of Napa Cabbage, shredded very thinly and chopped
  • about 2 heaping tablespoons each of low fat mayo and miracle whip
  • one thawed ice cube of meyer lemon juice
  • several dashes crushed red pepper
  • about 5 small leaves lime basil, a front fresh dill and parsely, all chopped finely - total about 1 tablespoon fresh herbs
  • salt and pepper
  • a quarter sweet onion, chopped finely
  • a quarter apple, shredded
Toss all veg and herb ingredients together then add wet ingredients and stir thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!