Saturday, November 14, 2009

Roasted Pumpkin

I love Halloween: especially the few days afterward when those spendy as heck pumpkins turn into cheap-get-this-out-of-the-store deals!

I got this medium sized pumpkin for a whopping 99 cents!

Normally, i would cut the pumpkin up to fit onto my one sad cookie sheet, flesh side down. But today i discovered a great new way of roasting pumpkin: WHOLE!

Simply wash the pumpkin off, coat with a little olive oil, and stick in the oven at 400 for an hour or so. Easy as pie, har har har. When a knife goes in easily, the pumpkin is done.



I wonder how easy it will be to clean out the 'guts' without wasting flesh, but the seeds should already be cookedish which i'd think would make for even better toasted seeds.

Mmmmmmmm... 50 minutes in and it smells yuuummmmm yyyyyyyy. It's done with the knife goes in like butter.


Well: mild disappointment. The pumpkin smelled great, but upon tasting, not so sweet. The seeds will be roasted, and perhaps I'll use the meat in a curry or something more savory. The seeds do look cooked - tomorrow i'll try toasting them and report on the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!