Thursday, January 5, 2012

Handmade Holidays #3: REVEALED!

This fuzzy creation was for my sister who lives in Bend, loves to snowboard and hike and loves functional yet fashionable clothes. I used some of my very first handspun and some buttons out of my grandmother's sewing box. Did you guess what it is?


It's a headband! Warm, yet stylish this was one of the very first things i made with my handspun, before i learned how to knit. I wanted some fun pattern, but didn't know how to expand even on my crochet skills to make textured patterns... so i used simple chain stitches to make a sort of mesh that looks neat when stretched on a noggin.


Unfortunately, the photos of my sis wearing her new garment were lost along with my camera ( my hubs has them on his 'puter, but we're still working on moving them from one place to the other ) so all i have is this photo of my noggin, slightly out of focus.

The fiber is an alpaca blend from Bellwether Wool Company and is quite softy soft. The button holes should be adjustable if it stretches too large to fit her head, as well.

Have you ever struggled with the limitations of your skill in a certain craft? Did you come up with something fun within those limitations?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!