Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Late Season Tomatoes

What do you do with big, green tomatoes - other than stare at them on the counter while they ripen?


Slice 'em, dip 'em, fry 'em, eat 'em!

You can find my recipe for Fried Green Tomatoes here, though i tweaked it somewhat this year. For the batter i mixed 2 eggs with a splash of beer and mixed masa, flour and corn meal with spices for the dry portion. I fried in coconut oil and got a much nicer crisp by keeping the heat low enough to not burn them to death. I put the finished tomatoes in the oven while i cooked the rest, so they cooked through even more. Yum fest.

I think i'd better have salad for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!