The reason i didn't want to post, was the ingredients were declared by what was ripe in the garden: peppers, a few tomatoes, and purple hulled peas. Plus some on sale avocadoes and cheddar in the fridge, miracles were made.
Basically, this is like quesodillas, but instead of sandwiching cheese between two tortillas, i topped one tortilla with cheese then salsa. Like a chalupa but not as crispy - these had the perfect balance of being flexible enough to hold and bite without sharding everywhere, but crispy enough to hold the toppings without any droop.
- Corn tortillas - i used homemade
- 3/4 masa, 1/3 ww flour, sprinkle baking powder and salt, water to mix - mush up and press flat in a tortilleria
- Shredded cheese
- Ripe tomatoes
- Fire roasted jalapenos with some seeds scraped out
- Just turn on the gas on your stove and flip the peppers over the flame
- Garlic chives and onion greens
- Some purple hulled peas, shelled
- Salt, pepper, tiny splash vinegar, cumin, chilly powder
- One whole avocado diced small
Perhaps i'll make this again soon and take some shots.