Zesty Black Beans with Fresh Corn
- Dried black beans, probably about 2 cups. Soaked over night and cooked for about 3-4 hours with kaffir lime leaves and a diced garlic clove
- Lightly boiled corn on the cob, cut off the cob. Equal amount to the beans.
- 3 finely diced garlic cloves
- 1 finely diced red onion
- Finely diced jalapeno
- Dashes cumin, chilli powder, cayenne powder, pepper
- Liberal salt
- Splashes of white vinegar, lime juice, and a light drizzle olive oil
- Teaspoon or so of habanero sauce
- Some cilantro (cut off a block of frozen cilantro)
Could also be great as a condiment to a meat dish, tacos, or atop a green salad. Make a big batch and feed a big family on the cheap, or have some stocked in the fridge for easy, healthy snacks. I personally have a hard time keeping my hubby from eating it all in one sitting.