Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dave's Gourmet Red Heirloom Pasta Sauce

We tried out our second jar of pasta sauce from Dave's Gourmet last night. I was not disappointed.  Again, I hate cooking dinner with sauce from a jar, but boy howdy it's darned good sauce! The ingredient list is short and almost entirely organic. The texture of this Red Heirloom Tomato sauce is just perfect: not too thick, not too thin, not too chunky. There are bits of onion and tomato, but no giant chunks. The flavor is that of a sun ripened tomato paired with garlic and a hint of seasoning. It's good. Really good.


I didn't feel like preparing any pasta, so instead of cooking up traditional spaghetti, i made up this "Italian Chilly."  Turkey meat, veggies from the garden and Dave's Gourmet sauce simmered to perfect amalgamation and served alongside a savory beer muffin and topped with shredded cheese. No noodles necessary! This was a filling meal!  I again felt the sauce was lacking only one thing: heat. I add hot peppers to everything and loaded this 'chilly' up with a half dozen serranos. So good. I wish i could eat it again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback, especially if you've cooked one of my recipes or tried one of my tips: let me know how it turned out!